Docutrail - Create Legally Authentic PDFs
Easily dematerialize using our user-friendly software that can create legally authentic PDFs from your past and future paper documents
With unmatched traceability and “legal authentication” our easy-to-implement dematerialization solution empowers any in-house scanning department to archive their past and future records in the most legal way possible.
With governance, regulation, and compliance (GRC) becoming more stringent throughout many industries, electronic documents that are legally authentic (can be upheld in a court of law and provide a transparent chain-of-custody trail) will provide the assurance needed to dematerialize past and future paper. Our affordable solution enables any size in-house scanning departments to create legally authentic electronic documents from paper documents which will ensure their long-term integrity and will create a transparent corporate memory and enable case management.
Since the original paper-based copies can be destroyed if desired no other scanning method or technology can match our legally authenticated process.
Case Management and Corporate Digital File Storage
- Docutrail can be downloaded and easily used by most types of scanners.
- Utilizes metadata powered by XMP technology which automatically encapsulates a scanned document during the scanning process.
- Tamper-proof metadata remains within a document throughout its lifecycle and is easily read by third parties using PDF Pro.
- Metadata from documents can be stored in our own Blockchain to ensure long-term document integrity and can be compared to the original metadata at any later date.
- Precision search utilizing OCR and metadata: PDFs are high quality, text-searchable, and maintain the identical format and layout of original documents.
- Can be stored on your own servers or cloud which utilizes Microsoft Azure.
- Legal Firm Uses.
- Define case types.
- Define security access for cases users.
- Aids in eDiscovery.
- Files can be organized case by case, subject and more.
- Securely share files.
Industries in Need of Legally Authenticated Documents
- Legal Firms
- Banking and Finance
- Life Science
- Engineering / Construction Firms
- Pharmaceutical Manufacture
- Waste Management
The entire scanning process is validated through metadata certifications along with employee verifications and creates PDF documents that are tamper-proof and legally binding as the original. Document metadata certifies that the scanning process is compliant with applicable national and international laws and this information is stored within the Blockchain. This also offers assurance that the documents cannot be modified.
Innovative Technology and Integration
- Clawd Docutrail is easily downloaded to your existing scanners and bridges with our platform for up-to-date certifications.
- With an Adobe XMP enabled application, your work group can capture meaningful information about a project (such as titles and descriptions, searchable keywords, and up-to-date author and copyright information) in a format that is easily understood by your team as well as by software applications, hardware devices, and even file formats.
- Metadata automatically applied during scanning.
- Document metadata can be stored in Blockchain for long term storage and to verify the integrity and journey of original documents.
- Complies with ISO 13028 (dematerialization process) and ISO 16684 metadata requirements.
- Digital signature certificates follow PAdES rules and all PDF are ISO 32000 and ISO 19005 compliant.
- PDFs are ISO 32000 and ISO 19005 compliant.
- Document integrity follows ISO 15489 and ISO 27001.
- We use Microsoft Azure as our cloud storage which meets a broad set of international and industry-specific compliance standards, such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), ISO 27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, SOC 1 and SOC 2, as well as country-specific standards, including Australia IRAP, UK G-Cloud, and Singapore MTCS. Rigorous third-party audits, such as those done by the British Standards Institute, verify Azure’s adherence to the strict security controls these standards mandate.
- PDF/A-3u compliant.